Skip to main content

FALLING IN LOVE? NO THANKS. - by jrqc


I have spoken to myself, I have read extensively, and searched tirelessly, yet I have found nothing. Within my complexity, I wander and, at times, I easily get lost. My mind seems futile in matters of the heart, as it appears to possess a life of its own. I advise my heart, 'Do not feel that way, for surely, you will lose that battle. Do not expel the fumes of a volcano, as its lava will turn you into ash.' Unfortunately, my heart disregards my counsel, provoking my rationale to stir with irritation at its core. It seems one cannot live without the other. Yet, it would be easier if only rationale persevered in the minefield of life that we navigate.

Certainly, my dominion over my emotions is scarce when powerful feelings take a predominant role: love and hate. Falling in love makes the heart awfully weak, and, of course, rationality suffers from its poison. Thought processes seem affected, leading to poor decision-making, confusion, and the worst of all: vulnerability. At this occurrence, an unavoidable feeling of regret and hate arises when that love is one-sided, provoking a stream of feelings that I personally have no control over. This frustration pervades me inside out, provoking not only irritation but also physical restlessness, and it certainly is upsetting to realise that one emotion repercutes all over my mind and body just because of my lack of expertise and control over it. It is as if you tried to master the weather. You simply cannot. 

Basically, I am still looking and searching for a solution to this predicament, yet nothing I have found, there are now comforting words out there to "tame" the heart, to make it resign to its rebellion, although I assume that every heart has a kingdom of their own, and they're the only rulers, capricious, cruel and fair at times. I should only wait and confide that it will fade away. Someday.

Certainly what I have just explained above is far from a new notion of knowledge or discovery, since many of you out there have experienced the bitterness sensation of being unable to restrain one's heart,  but perhaps it can help me to forsake that horrid feeling within me if I type about it, if I at least attempt to make sense and comprehend the damage that Love is provoking. I do just hope to be successful in this endeavor. 

In the meantime, I should abhor Love's provocation to sink my standing point about it, to shake my tranquility of thought, although this is certainly temporal. That I can assure.  Love is ravage and reckless and in its desperate attempt to make me succumb, it leaves room for disorganization, its own mess and carelessness takes over, leading it to its inevitable demise. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LA CHICA DEL CALLEJÓN - Descripcion de personaje de ficcion - de jrqc

Ese día el sol brillaba como siempre, bañandola en su resplendor, tornando el color de su piel en tonos de miel y nuez. Su juventud perfumaba la calle y los ojos de los espectadores no la perdían de vista. Ella era simplemente la frescura de la primavera y el calor del verano combinadas casi perfectamente en las carnes y la figura de su cuerpo.  Sus senos firmes dejaban entrever las aureolas de la juventud, mientras sus piernas daban paso a ese menear característico de su coqueteo, al que daba rienda suelta así como su castaña y ondulada cabellera. Su mente anidaba la sed de ver el mundo, de ir más allá de embriagarse del placer que éste le pudiera ofrecer y sin escatimar en ambiciones y sueños ella simplemente se dejaba ir. Era la carencia de estas vivencias y posesiones que la presionaban a sumirse y ser esclava de ambiciones que a veces eran malsanas y mezquinas, pero a ella eso no le importaba. Deseaba agarrar al mundo y hacerle su esclavo, deseaba ser complacida y en su parecer er

SACRED SERENADE - by jrqc - poetic prose

(watercolor by jrqc) I hear the in the distance the summoning chant, the striking of the drum, powerful and mighty, I sense your warmth, as if the flame of your passion licked my flesh, as if the sweat of the temple of your body once more bathed me, your voice in unison to the priests, protected by trees standing tall, and the golden fire of old. I see you crowned, I see your majestic beauty draped in white, shield and sword in hand, I see the depths of your eyes and I let you come into the corners of my heart and mind, and I know you will stay, and dwell, and linger, nothing more but feasts, battle and victory for us both. The chants filtered in waves through the branches and twigs,  that even they shake in marvel, the wind soft and whimless, caress the goldens of your hair, your mouth smirks in pleasure, I kiss you, and I merged with you in one flesh, and a spring of love and flowers burst within us, and to the forest we belong, and to the stars we sing, and to the moon we howl, and

THAT EVENING - by jrqc

You once said that we are entangled to death since the moment we are born, that we are chained to this earthly prison and that there is nothing we can possibly do about it, that all joy sinks countless times and that lovers will always mourn their dead love swallowed by neverending grief. It seems somehow that sadness in all its complexity lingers within, it extends it branches all over without distinction, with no regrets for who the victim is. Some branches seem to be so rooted that it makes the heart break, it makes it bleed tears to the point that you can barely function. Yes, I do still remember that evening when you said that and I noticed your face sinking, your spirit broken. However, you wouldn't divulge the reason of your torment. Your beautiful darkened eyes were bloodshot and you observed me, intently, your eyebrows would frown at times and your stare would grow deeper as if trying to snatch my soul. You stood close to me, I could feel your cold breath, I could feel you