Skip to main content

STATUE OF LOVE - poetic monologue by jrqc (stanzas, metaphors, symbolism used)


You banished me from the coldness of your embrace. Despite my begging and suffering, as I tore my ragged clothes in desperation, you showed no mercy and gave me none. My knees were grated and grazed from the harsh ground on which they stood. However, you, oh cold statue named Love, pointed your accusing finger at me, crowning my heart with thorns while exclaiming, "You, my child, the one who denied me! You, the one who refused my embrace! You ungrateful creature! You shall now wander the moors with pain in your heart and inhabit the shadows of my Love!"

Despite the harrowing circumstances, my squirming soul persisted, and with what was left of my heart, I endured the pain. My teary, blurry vision became the prelude to new perceptions. But that was it, for I was scarred. I am scarred. I will be scarred, and no words, neither from that statue of Love nor yours, will provoke a change in the way things are.

I have walked the moors, wept, and wailed throughout the vastness of the shadow of your Love. I have crept and crawled, for my legs could not withstand the pain you inflicted upon me, the way you twisted my heart and poked at my eyes. I looked up and saw nothing but a raveled moon pretending to shine, and everything else was somber and grotesque. Heavy was your punishment, heavy was the burden you laid on my shoulders.

After my bloodshot eyes discerned the hands of time that have guarded my sanity, I kissed the realm of shadows goodbye. I wish I had disposed of my hatred, though—it got entangled with pieces of my sadness and sorrow and cords made from the trail of my tears. It is all I had.

I stand here before you, oh dreadful statue of Love, who pointed their finger at me and provoked a torrent of sorrow and pain in the valleys of my being. Yet here I stand before you, my dear, holding the ashes of my pain and the flesh of my thorned heart—those thorns which you yourself have inflicted. And I say: You were supposed to look after me; you were supposed to love me dearly until all this world and all that is known was over. You, my sweet darling, are the one who forsook me from your heart and mind. You are the one whose eyes looked at me with their penetrating hollowness. You only gifted me your indifference and crumbs of misery. 

Yes, my Love, I loved you so much that the bottom of the oceans do not justify the vastness of my sentiments. My love for you was the sunrise, the light that pervaded my life, and you were the stem of it all. Yes, my darling love, you were the utmost reason for anyone to love. 

We could have transcended what we were; we could have transcended the stars and the infinite space. Yet, you made me drink your disregard, your treason. And it is me who now accuses you of your oppressing punishment. I accuse you, my Love, of being cruel, merciless, and reckless. However, you will not crawl in the shadows; you will not dwell in the lands of your wailing moon. You should receive the indifference of my heart, the emptiness of my eyes, the ashes of my heart, and the dried tears of the pain you gave me—but not my love. Not my love.

Leave me now, for it is all over. Leave me here in the state that I am: frozen and warm. Kiss me goodbye and depart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LA CHICA DEL CALLEJÓN - Descripcion de personaje de ficcion - de jrqc

Ese día el sol brillaba como siempre, bañandola en su resplendor, tornando el color de su piel en tonos de miel y nuez. Su juventud perfumaba la calle y los ojos de los espectadores no la perdían de vista. Ella era simplemente la frescura de la primavera y el calor del verano combinadas casi perfectamente en las carnes y la figura de su cuerpo.  Sus senos firmes dejaban entrever las aureolas de la juventud, mientras sus piernas daban paso a ese menear característico de su coqueteo, al que daba rienda suelta así como su castaña y ondulada cabellera. Su mente anidaba la sed de ver el mundo, de ir más allá de embriagarse del placer que éste le pudiera ofrecer y sin escatimar en ambiciones y sueños ella simplemente se dejaba ir. Era la carencia de estas vivencias y posesiones que la presionaban a sumirse y ser esclava de ambiciones que a veces eran malsanas y mezquinas, pero a ella eso no le importaba. Deseaba agarrar al mundo y hacerle su esclavo, deseaba ser complacida y en su parecer er

SACRED SERENADE - by jrqc - poetic prose

(watercolor by jrqc) I hear the in the distance the summoning chant, the striking of the drum, powerful and mighty, I sense your warmth, as if the flame of your passion licked my flesh, as if the sweat of the temple of your body once more bathed me, your voice in unison to the priests, protected by trees standing tall, and the golden fire of old. I see you crowned, I see your majestic beauty draped in white, shield and sword in hand, I see the depths of your eyes and I let you come into the corners of my heart and mind, and I know you will stay, and dwell, and linger, nothing more but feasts, battle and victory for us both. The chants filtered in waves through the branches and twigs,  that even they shake in marvel, the wind soft and whimless, caress the goldens of your hair, your mouth smirks in pleasure, I kiss you, and I merged with you in one flesh, and a spring of love and flowers burst within us, and to the forest we belong, and to the stars we sing, and to the moon we howl, and

THAT EVENING - by jrqc

You once said that we are entangled to death since the moment we are born, that we are chained to this earthly prison and that there is nothing we can possibly do about it, that all joy sinks countless times and that lovers will always mourn their dead love swallowed by neverending grief. It seems somehow that sadness in all its complexity lingers within, it extends it branches all over without distinction, with no regrets for who the victim is. Some branches seem to be so rooted that it makes the heart break, it makes it bleed tears to the point that you can barely function. Yes, I do still remember that evening when you said that and I noticed your face sinking, your spirit broken. However, you wouldn't divulge the reason of your torment. Your beautiful darkened eyes were bloodshot and you observed me, intently, your eyebrows would frown at times and your stare would grow deeper as if trying to snatch my soul. You stood close to me, I could feel your cold breath, I could feel you